THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Stay-At-Home-Dad vs. The Tv: Round 2

I wrote last January about how I don't like to watch tv when I'm home by myself during the day.  How it feels like I've somehow given in if I watch tv.   And besides, there isn't anything good on anyway.

But now, there has been a development.   As I told my wife, we're so 2009.
Last week, we signed up for Netflix.

Now there is always something good on.
I can watch any episode of The Andy Giffith Show at the touch of a button!

Today, I spent an hour watching two episodes of How I Met Your Mother.  The two shows were from a couple years ago and deal with Marshall's dad dying.   I had read about them and wanted to see them, but never seemed to catch them on reruns.  That is a show I like to watch, but at the same time I don't like to watch.  It is an odd mix of inappropriate humor and emotional stories.  These two episodes made me cry like a baby, and cringe at some of the jokes that prevent me from watching when the kids are around.

My daughter has started watching the old Star Trek shows from the 60s.  She's up to season 1 episode  6.  She is embracing her Hertenstein family heritage.

Our tv landscape has changed...for the better?   We'll see.

I'm going to go watch more Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment