THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stay-At-Home-Dad vs. the TV

On days when the kids are both at school, and I don't work, and I'm home all day, I try really hard not to turn on the TV.
Some how turing on the TV means I have given in.  
That I'll end up on the couch under a blanket eating swiss cake rolls until 3:00.

I do make exceptions for the occasional baseball game during the summer and of course college basketball in March....but for the most part, I view TV as the enemy while I am home alone during the day.

Why is that?

It's not like playing games on Facebook is any more productive than watching TV.  Or reading two pages of a book before dozing off is really all that much better.

And the even weirder thing is that when I do give in to the dark side and turn on the television....I find myself watching Spongebob or The Backyardigans.

Maybe that's why I try to stay away from the TV when I'm home alone....I've forgotten what grown-ups watch.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe forgetting what grown-ups watch isn't such a bad thing either. :)

    ReplyDelete