THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Obviously this decision was not based on money

Cleaning out the basement this week, we (and by we, I mean my wife) decided we didn't need ALL the shoeboxes of tax documents, pay stubs, phone bills, etc. going back to 1994.  So I grudgingly brought several boxes up from the storage area to be shredded.  As I fed through the W2s and paycheck receipts, I couldn't help but fondly recall those first couple years of our marriage...two healthy incomes....poor spending habits.   Those were the days!

Obviously, the choice to stay home with the kids eight years ago was not based on money.  I think it was the right decision for us, and has overall been a very good thing.  But you wouldn't know that from comparing today's bank statement to the ones I'm feeding through the shredder.


No comments:

Post a Comment