THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I ran a marathon, I'm in great shape.....NOT!

I really need to get over this "I just ran a marathon...I'm in great shape!" mentality.

Two factors led me to the YMCA for a little workout this morning:


  1.  It was weight watchers weigh-in day and I was very close to being up for the week.  So I needed a little last minute sweat to help me out.
  2. I'm registered for the Door County Triathlon in July, so I'd better get back into some sort of a training mode.
I did 13 minutes on a stationary bike, after which I felt like my legs might fall off.
Then I ran for a total of 11 minutes on the YMCA track.  I may not be able to walk in the morning.

What happened?

Apparently three months of doing absolutely nothing wipes out all gains made training for and running a marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment