THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Good Luck Wimpy Kid at Trombone Lessons in South Dakota about to turn 40 (or - random thoughts for the day)

"Good Luck Charlie" just may be the best show on tv right now.  Always makes me laugh.
Of course "Phineas and Ferb" is always good too.
Let's call it a tie.
I watch both of those even when the kids aren't around.



As I mentioned in an earlier post, my son loves the "Diary Of A Wimpy Kid" books.  He really wanted me to read them too....so I read the first one.  It.  Was.  AWESOME!
Really funny.
Really good book.
It's written like I would like to write a book....if I could write a book.



Trombone lessons may not be going as well as we hoped.  What happens if he can't do it?  Or will it eventually click for him.  He has the melodies and is getting the slide positions down....but every note sounds the same.  There is no high or low.
I hope he hangs in there long enough to get it....but I sense a breakdown approaching.
He's good at bottling his frustrations until the spill out unexpectedly.





















If we had a never ending travel budget and unlimited vacation time for my wife, I'd love to take the kids to the Black Hills and to Washington D.C.  Those two have been on the list for a while, but we haven't been able to fit them in yet.  What else should be on that list?  Grand Canyon?  Yellowstone?  Citizens Bank Park?





Only about a week and a half until the crisis hits....




No comments:

Post a Comment