THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

It must have skipped a generation.

The difference between my dad and me....a hypothetical example.

  • January 1, 2013: 10:00 a.m....While putting away Christmas decorations, Nathan notices a spot on the living room wall where the paint needs to be touched up.
  • January 21, 2013:  6:30 p.m.....Nathan tells his wife, "I found a spot....we should paint that sometime."
  • March 3, 2013:  11:15 a.m.....Nathan sees spot again.  Wonders if he has any paint left in the basement.
  • December 1, 2013:  8:00....While putting out Christmas decoration, Nathan notices a spot on the living room wall where the paint needs to be touched up.

Meanwhile....a few blocks down the road....

  • January 1, 2013:  10:00 a.m....While putting away Christmas decorations, my dad notices a spot on the living room wall where the paint needs to be touched up.
  • January 1, 2013:  11:15 a.m....My dad tells my mom,  "Maybe I can get a second coat on before lunch."
  • January 1, 2013:  2:00 p.m....Entire house has been repainted with two coats.  Garage has been cleaned, and sidewalk shoveled.



No comments:

Post a Comment