THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Why not run?

When you decide to stay home with your kids, and then they decide to grow up and spend the whole day in school, it leaves you with a lot of free time.  Over the years, I've filled that time with a variety of things:

Working part-time,
playing playstation,
napping,
reading,
writing,
sleeping,
playing with the dog,
facebooking,
watching Spongebob,
getting some shuteye,
and blogging.
And on occasion....I run.  

The question I have for you today is:  Why don't I run more?  I've competed two marathons in my life, so I know I can do it.  Why don't I do another marathon?  It's not like I don't have time to train.  And I certainly could use the exercise.  So why not?

I did manage to run 5 miles today (and I'd like to give a shout out of thanks to the person that decided to build the Kaukauna city building on my route - and provide excellent public restrooms within.) and I'm feeling pretty good.  Maybe it's the "runner's high" talking,  but I think I'll look into some area fall marathons.

No comments:

Post a Comment