THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Four Seasons In One Day

Crowded House has a song called "Four Seasons In One Day" and that title came to mind today as I went about my everyday adventures.....

Felt very young as I watched Disney Jr. with my daughter before school this morning.  These shows are aimed at young children, but my 11 year old daughter still loves to watch them, and her 39 year old dad still enjoys them too.  I don't think I will ever outgrow cartoons aimed at young children.

Felt very old as I pushed my dad around the hospital in a wheel chair.  And although the wheel chair wasn't totally necessary, (he has a broken foot and was there to have it checked out, and instead of having him use his crutches, they suggested a wheel chair), there is something very odd and humbling about pushing your dad in a wheel chair.  And the hospital setting made it all the more weird.

Felt very young as I ran my laps at the YMCA track.  With my schedule, it worked out best for me to run around noon.  Which is apparently when the older generation hits the track.  I was the youngest one there by decades.  I'm sure they wondered why they had to share the track with a youngster like me.

They say you are only as old as you feel....well, after today, I have no idea how old I am.


(which reminds me....I need to get started on my mid-life crisis blog entry.  Only about 3 months until 40....shudder)

No comments:

Post a Comment