THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Mystical Creatures update

A while back, I wrote about a story my daughter and I had written together.  She was sure it would be made into a book, and eventually a movie.  Well, we did send it to a few publishers and we got a very nice rejection email last week.  And it occurs to me that it is still pretty cool, that somebody sat in their office and read the story that we wrote.  Or at least they took the time to enter the title and our email address into their rejection email system.

So what follows here in this blog exclusive is an excerpt from "Mystical Creatures."  I've chosen two of my daughter's favorite sections.  Scenes that she thinks will be really cool in the movie version.

Queen Thorn met him in the great entrance hall.  “Why have you returned so soon Striker?”
“My queen,” he said as he bowed and held out the tiny dragon.
Thorn’s eyes grew large in excitement.  “You have done well my loyal servant,” she whispered while taking Promise from him.
“Yes, my queen,” he answered.  “And for my payment....”
“I will let you live,” she snapped before transforming into her dragon form and flying away.

...


Queen Thorn stroked the baby dragon as she spoke, “My darling child, soon you and I shall rule together.  With your power there will be no one to stop us,” she said with a wicked smile.
The baby dragon looked up, blew a puff of flame and smoke, and bit the evil queen’s finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment