THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Laundry, bank accounts, reality vs. tv and other random thoughts

I don't know how families with more than two kids can possibly keep up with the laundry. I do laundry every day and I still can't keep up.

Before I became a SAHD (and gave up my paycheck) I would freak out if the check book balance got below $100...now as long as it's got any number besides 0.00, It's all good.

This is my first blog entry using my wife's new IPad....can you tell the difference? I can't get any time on our computer any more. (see earlier post about Minecraft.)

If there was a tv show about a SAHD, there would be a neighbor that comes over all the time, or a college buddy that he plays golf with every week, or a weekly poker group for him to hang out with. In real life, those people do not exist. I couldn't come up with one local non family member to put on a list for a possible event for my next birthday. (40, yikes!!!!)

I went to a funeral today, and I think it was the first funeral I've ever been to for somebody younger than me. I would guess that is unusual at my age....I have been lucky.

Summer school sign up was this week. Art, scrap booking, games, cooking, golf...I want to be a kid again!

No comments:

Post a Comment