THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Staying Home

Today I realized I am giving new meaning to the term "stay-at-home-dad" this summer.
Today, the kids are at Vacation Bible School, while I stay home.
During June and July, the kids had summer school, while I stayed home.
Next week the kids are spending a week with Grandpa and Grandma, while I stay home.

Maybe I need to come up with a new name for what I do.......

"Cab driver" is too obvious.
"Lazy Dad" is too accurate.
"Part-time working-laundry doing-hot dog cooking-lawn mower" doesn't really have a good ring to it.
Maybe I'll go with "Dog watcher".

"Hey Nathan, what are you doing today?"
"Oh, I'm just staying home with the dog.  You know, he may need to go outside and stuff."

I think I'll go with that, unless you have a better suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment