THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Summer Math

The kids are staying at Grandma and Grandpa's house this week so it gave me a chance to get the living room de-toyed.  Under a pile of notebooks, art projects, and random drawings, I found the math workbook I bought for my kids at the beginning of summer.  The plan was to work through it a little each week to keep all the math skills they had learned during the school year from dwindling.  We even took the book on our van ride to Florida in June.  In my head we were going to pass the hours on the road with fun math activities.  Spend fun summer mornings at the kitchen table with story problems.

Looking back, that may have been a bit overly optimistic.  But look at the book cover.  Look how happy those kids are....how much fun they are having.  I assumed it would be like that for us too.





As it is, we're well into August, and the kids have competed exactly two pages each in the math book.  The last page my son did was his 0's and 1's multiplication facts...so basically he can still count to 10.
My intentions were good, but my follow through was a little weak.





No comments:

Post a Comment