THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sick days

How easy is it for you to let your kids stay home from school when they don't feel well? For me, it is not easy at all.  

When I was a kid, I didn't like to miss school.  It wasn't that I didn't like staying home, it was that I hated the next day when I felt like I had missed everything.  I hated the feeling that I was behind and needed to get caught up.

So when my kids tell me in the morning that they don't feel good (as my son did today), I usually ignore it and hope it goes away.  But today, he convinced me that maybe he actually did not feel well enough to go to school.  So now he is on the couch sleeping.....but I still have guilt about not making him go.

No comments:

Post a Comment