THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

Just got home from Good Friday church service.  It was very powerful on two different levels.

As we walked into the church my daughter asked why we had come at night.  I told her that it was Good Friday.  She said, "Is that when Jesus dies?"  And she immediately had tears in her eyes.  All through the service, as the story was read, and lights were gradually turned off, she cried more and more.  She literally trembled with sorrow as we sang "sometimes it causes me to tremble" from the hymn "Were You There?"
Very powerful stuff to see that emotion from her.

And on a totally different level of emotion....the evening was a powerful reminder of just how different my two kids are from each other.

As the lights gradually dimmed throughout the service, my son got more and more excited because he happened to be wearing a glow-in-the-dark shirt.  

Two kids could not have had more different experiences at the same event.

No comments:

Post a Comment