THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Change of plans

So originally, I created this blog page as a place to put the stories I had written about a stay-at-home-dad and his kids.  I figured if I put them out on the web, a publisher would stumble across them and offer me huge piles of money for the rights to them.  A movie deal would shortly follow, and I'd be set.

But.....

Now I'm thinking that I may use this blog as a place to occasionally log some thoughts about my life as a pretend stay-at-home-dad.  I use the word "pretend" because both of my kids are now in school full time, so most of the year, I'm not really home with them much at all.  Summer and snow days, I'm still needed, but beyond that, not so much.  So I work part-time at Target.  Partly to help out with income, but mostly so I have a place to go and something to do.  It's amazing how lonely you can get when you're home with your kids and they aren't there.

So anyway, I'm going to give this blog a try.  Who knows how it will evolve and how often I'll write something.  

For now, it's back to watching iCarly.

No comments:

Post a Comment