THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Monday, August 19, 2013

The Sheet Dilema

Today is wash the kids' bed sheets day (honestly does not come around as often as it should...but that's another issue).  And it became much more emotional for me than I was expecting.

Took the sports themed sheets off my son's bed.  Asked him which set he wanted me to put on.

"I don't care," was all I could get from him....as I expected.

"Ok....I think we'll go with Transformers then," I said climbing into the closet to find new sheets.

"Really?"

"Star Wars?"  I asked.

"Uh...no."

I guess the soon to be eleven year old has out grown his fun little boy sheets.  
No more BumbleBee pillow case or Clone Trooper sheets.
And I haven't even tried using the Lightning McQueen set for a couple years.

 :(

We finally settled on putting the sports sheets back on after they're washed.

It may be time to do some shopping for some more grown up boy bedding.




Goodbye old friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment