THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Bat part 2

I know you've all been waiting for the update on my post about the bat we bought last winter.
(refresh your memory here.)


So today we took the bat down to the baseball field at the elementary school down the street.  I pitched a few to Andrew.  He had some decent hits.  He always wants me to try and get him out which is tough with no first baseman to catch my throw.

Then we played some catch and tried to tag an imaginary runner caught in between first and second.

Then he pitched a couple to me.

Then while running to the grass to get the ball (I totally crushed that inside fastball) he saw a butterfly, dropped his glove, and spent 15 minutes chasing it around the outfield.

It was all great!   :)

On a personal note, is it impressive or sad that I can remember all three of my hits from my one season of High School JV baseball?  I was just 3 for 18 that year and obviously should have gotten a lot more playing time!  Being on the field brought it back like it was yesterday.  That part of the morning was fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment