THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

When I was in school...

"How do you think the whole 'gym clothes' thing works?" my wife asked.
"Well, when I was in school," I said, "we just kept them in a locker and brought them home every Friday to be washed."

This will be the first year our daughter changes clothes for gym, and we were going over the school supply checklist one more time.

Why is it that my "when I was in school"comment seemed totally acceptable.  Of course I can use my experience and apply it to today's situation...but if my parents had used that kind of thinking 20 (30?) years ago, it would have been totally irrelevant.  How could their school experiences have any relationship at all to me in the 1980s?  Nonsense, I would have thought....things have changed too much since the olden days when my parents were in school.

Years are somehow getting shorter and shorter every year.


No comments:

Post a Comment