THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

BoJiDaMaNaJa

The friends I had when I was a kid were awesome.  I was reminded of that fact the other day and it got me thinking (as always) about my kids.  My kids are in 5th and 4th grades.  As I recall....when I was in those grades I had great friends.  Not only did we have lots of fun (playing Star Wars at recess, having sleep overs, playing basketball on the hoop on our garage, the Saturday afternoon Dungeons and Dragons games) but they were just plain good people.  Smart, funny, and well behaved (as far as I can remember).  Of course, it's hard to tell at that age, but it turns out, my friends were awesome!  

Unfortunately, I haven't seen most of my elementary school and high school friends much since way back in the day....but through the magic of the internet, I can at least sort of keep up with them.

But what about my kids and their friends?  
I know you can't choose your kids' friends for them...but I sure hope their friends turn out to be as awesome as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment