THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Baseball Story

I found this today when I was going through my "stories" folder.  It's based on an actual night at a minor league baseball game with my kids...in real life it was Spider-man night.


My daddy loves baseball.  He loves to play it with me and my brother in the backyard.  He loves to watch it on TV.  But most of all, he loves to go and watch games at the stadium.  Sometimes he goes by himself.  My mom says that is his “Daddy time.”  Sometimes he brings my brother and me with him.
I like going to the baseball stadium with Daddy.  They have yummy ice cream and cotton candy, and Daddy lets me have a soda in a big cup with a twisty straw.  
Sometimes my brother whines about not getting enough candy.  Or about not catching a foul ball.  Or about spilling his popcorn all over the people sitting in front of us.
The last time we went to a game, it was a special night.  Ultra-man was there.  He is my brother’s favorite super hero.  I don’t think it was the real Ultra-man, but I didn’t tell that to my brother.
We got there early so that my brother could get Ultra-man’s autograph before there was a big line.  We also got to have our picture taken with him.  My brother told him we had seen all of his movies, and I got to give him a hug. 
Later, after we got some snacks and found our seats, we watched Ultra-man throw out the first pitch.  My brother yelled at him to throw the ball to us, but he just threw it to the catcher.
Then the game started, and we got more snacks.  
After about two bags of popcorn and a licorice rope and a soda (with a twisty straw) we got to sing a song about buying peanuts and Cracker Jack.  That is my favorite part about baseball games.  My dad even let us get some Cracker Jack, but my brother didn’t like it, so Daddy bought us ice cream that we got to eat out of little toy baseball helmets.
After the game, all the kids got to go on the field and run around the bases.  My brother ran faster than me because my stomach was too full for me to run my fastest.
When we got home, Mommy asked me who won...I didn’t know.
It sure is fun going to baseball games with my daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment