THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Monday, January 23, 2012

My Home All Day Friend

I was looking at my bedroom walls the other day.  I have several pieces of art that my kids made years ago hanging in there.  They are all from several years ago...and they are kind of in the "what the heck is that" category.  Unless, of course, you are their dad and you know exactly what they are.  In one spot hang two drawings of pizzas.  Because I love pizza and my kids wanted me always have some around.  In another spot is a picture of a baseball field that my son drew.  He doesn't particularly care about baseball....but he knows I do, so he drew a field for me.

And then there is this guy:


My daughter made him for me back when she was in kindergarten and my son was starting pre-K so that I would have a friend and I wouldn't be home alone all day.

I've always had a problem throwing out my kids' art projects anyway...but this one in particular I think will stay on that wall for a long time.  


No comments:

Post a Comment