THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Travel: Part 2

You know what I noticed this week while driving back and forth from NE Wisconsin to southern Illinois...I have a story, or memory, or at least a thought at just about every Interstate exit along the 500 mile drive.  We've been driving that route for so long, that it is all so familiar.

This exit has a Subway we always stop at.
This is the gas station with the gross bathroom.
This is where the dog got loose that one year.
This is where we bought those raisinets.
This one has the McDonalds with the huge play area.
This exit has no bathrooms.
That exit has the hotel with the pool that was way too cold to swim in.

and on and on and on it goes.

Gives me something to think about during the drive.

I also noticed several cities with connections to friends and family.
Drove through Neenah, WI...where my wife's college roommate is from.
Spent the night in Bloomington, Il....where my cousin lives.
Stopped for supper in Beloit, WI...really close to where one of my college roommates is from.
Saw a sign for Freeport, Il....where another of my college roommates lives now.
Went past Rantoul, Il....where I got married.   :)

All in all, it was a fun Midwestern 2011 Holiday Trek!

No comments:

Post a Comment