THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Eleven Years Ago Today.....

I had no idea what I was getting in to.

When you are expecting your first child, all anyone ever talks about is the baby stuff.  For me, the baby stuff was fun.  I was good at the baby stuff (ok, maybe not right away.....that first night in the hospital I had to hit the nurse call button to help change a diaper....but soon after that).

Nobody ever talks about all the stuff that comes later....handling homework tears....or pet frogs dying....or getting them to clean their rooms...or any of the other millions of things I have no clue about today.  But somehow we're getting through it.

Today is my daughter's 11th birthday....and I have her fooled.  Somehow, she thinks I'm a good dad.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment