THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Stay-at-home thoughts as summer vacation approaches...

When you're a stay-at-home-dad and your kids are in school all day, there is a lot of time to wonder if you should be doing something else.  And I've been doing that a lot lately.

But now that we're down to just a handful of days left in the school year, I am reminded why I quit my job six years ago.  I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to spend so much time with my kids.

We get to make trips to the library and the pool, or just spend lazy mornings in our PJs.  We can drive up to the zoo, or over to the kids museum, or hit the mini-golf course.

When fall rolls around and another school year starts, I'll go back to figuring out what I want to be when I grow up.  But for the summer, I get to be a dad.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment