THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Comfy Pants

One battle I gave up long ago is to have any sort of influence on my son's fashion sense.  I can't really blame him in his choices though because he chooses comfort above all else.  There are countless pairs of pants in his drawer that have never seen the inside of his school (or anything outside of his pants drawer) because they "don't feel right" or have that "stupid snap" on them.  I kept buying them because I thought they would look good....and he kept going back to the same old 3 pairs of comfy pants.  It was not a battle I chose to fight.

Which leads me to today's pants.  I wasn't surprised he put them on this morning, but why on earth did I put them back in his drawer after their last spin through the laundry?  I don't think they will make it back to his drawer next time.

I guess he's ready if the flood comes today.


Actually, after looking at the picture....maybe they can pass as long shorts.  Like the Fab 5 used to wear at Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment