THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Decline of society....or at least boys pants.

Back in my day....when you had a school concert or church function, the rule was always "No Jeans!"  Meaning you had to dress up and wear nice pants.   Jeans were not nice pants.   And there were always those few kids that would complain that they only owned jeans.  And I would always wonder how a kid could not own nice dress pants.

Fast forward 30 years.....

My son brought a note home from his choir teacher today.  For their concert later this month they need to wear jeans.   My son does not own any jeans!  Or any "nice" dress pants for that matter.  He only wears athletic pants.  How have we (and by we I mean me) gotten to this point?

No comments:

Post a Comment