THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Tale Of Two Songs

I have made several Facebook posts of words from a song we've recently sung in church that I find to be particularly meaningful.  Tonight was one of those nights when, for reasons I can't even name, a song seems to be speaking directly to me.  At tonight's Lenten service we sang "You Are Mine."  By the end, all I could do was listen....too choked up to sing.  And I can't really even explain why.  Music is powerful that way.

I will come to you in the silence
I will lift you from all your fear
You will hear My voice
I claim you as My choice
Be still, and know I am near

I am hope for all who are hopeless
I am eyes for all who long to see
In the shadows of the night,
I will be your light
Come and rest in Me

Chorus:
Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine


Then afterwards, in the car we put on a song that has become one of my daughter's favorites -
"Madness" by Muse.  Whenever the two of us are in the car, we put it on and turn it up...way up....don't tell my wife....and we jam...especially on the guitar solo.  I'm pretty sure whenever I hear that song for the rest of my life, I'll picture her and me in the minivan dancing and singing at the top of our lungs, "I have finally realized, I need your loooooooooove."


One evening....two very different songs...both special.

No comments:

Post a Comment