THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The soccer field is always greener....

I have two kids.  Each one is on a soccer team.  They are having very different experiences.....

My son's team has not lost.  In fact, most games we stop keeping score at halftime.  Last night they won 8-5 and that was by far the closest game they've had.

My daughter has been on the same team for a couple of years now.  They have won two games this year.  Which is a vast improvement over last summer....they lost every game last year by a combined score of about 77-0.  Then they lost every game during the winter indoor season.

My son does not really have any friends on his team.  He is often off by himself during warm ups or at halftime.

My daughter is friends with everybody on her team.  They are always having fun and genuinely seem to enjoy being together all the time.

My son is never excited to go to practices or games.

My daughter likes to go.

Last night, my daughter said she was jealous of my son's team.

That last one makes me a little sad.




No comments:

Post a Comment