THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Just because I'm the adult leading the class doesn't mean I have any answers.

I'm not one who can easily talk about serious things.  I tend to keep things to myself...deep down, bottled up.  I just don't like to deal with things that may be painful or uncomfortable.

Tonight, like every Monday night, I will be leading a Christian education class of 30 5th graders at our church.  Tonight is scheduled to be a "fun" night before we take a few weeks off for Christmas.

I am very afraid that the conversation may turn to Newtown, Connecticut.  I don't know how I will deal with that.  I've barely let myself think about what happened, let alone have to explain to these kids why such things can happen.

I know it's probably not what's best, but I really hope we can get by with our Nativity story activity, Christmas bingo game, hot chocolate and candy canes.

I have many friends that are teachers...and I want to ask them, "How do you do it?"
You are my hero just for showing up to work today!
I want to give each of you a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment