THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dude, you're a dragon!

As you've seen before, sometimes I write stories and put them on this blog.  They are either based on my kids, inspired by my kids, co-written by my kids, or just things I think kids would like.  This one is inspired by my awesome son.  He is really into dragons at the moment....he is also really into saying "dude."

Originally they idea was to write a story about a boy that spends all of his time playing video games until one day his dad makes him go outside to play.  He meets a dragon in his backyard and they have an adventure.  But I was having trouble getting started...all I could come up with was a list of "Dude" phrases they boy would say.  So that became the whole thing.

As I've also said before, I can't draw worth a hill of beans....and this story is 99% visual.
So I tried something different instead of using my weak drawing attempts.

Let me know what you think.



Dude, You're A Dragon





“Dude, I’m home.”




"Blah blah blah blah blah"

"Dude, what’s for supper?”
“Dude, I’ll do my home work later.”











“Dude, it’s too hot outside.”
“Dude, it’s too boring.”







“Dude, you’re a dragon!”








“Dude, don’t eat that!”










“Dude, are you for real?”
“Dude, where did you come from?”








“Dude, can you fly?”







“Dude, not too high!”







“Dude, where are we?”








“Dude, this is awesome!”









“Dude, wait!”
“Dude, don’t go!”










“Dude, will you be back?”









“Dude!”






1 comment:

  1. Dude, that was a great story. I needed this break at work to chuckle today! Thanks

    ReplyDelete