THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Friday, September 21, 2012

The good, the bad, and the random.

You probably would never guess from reading my posts, but I don't put a lot of time in on these things.  There is not a lengthy writing and editing process that goes on here at the Everyday Adventure offices....I just sit down, type for two minutes and hit the "Publish" button.

I wanted to point that out, because I'm sure this list would be much, much longer (and funnier) if I'd actually take some time to organize my ideas.

Pros to being a stay-at-home parent:

  • Listening to Crowded House really really loud while folding laundry*
  • Eating potstickers and Doritos for lunch
  • The first two days of the NCAA Tournament
  • Day playoff baseball games
  • Lots of time for marathon training



Cons to being a stay-at-home parent

  • Not seeing people all day
  • The $50 paycheck every other Friday**
  • Lots of time for marathon training
  • When the ice breaker "So, what do you do?" question is asked when meeting new people at social gatherings 


* This is what inspired this post today.   :)
**A true stay-at-home parent would have even less.  I cheat here by working 4 hours a week at Target.

3 comments:

  1. Pro: No pants.
    Con: Scrambling to find pants when the doorbell rings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% right on that one Tony...but I can't say that in public or Becky gets embarrassed.

      Delete
  2. "The first two days of the NCAA Tournament"...

    That really made me laugh, thinking back to how much I enjoyed watching all those games.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete