THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG

This blog started as a place for me to put a few stories I had written about a dad and his two kids and the "everyday adventures" they had together. But it has sort of evolved into a hodge podge of dad related thoughts, stories, songs, and other misc. things.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Shouldn't I just let her sleep?

Today my daughter wasn't feeling well and came home early from school.  She also has a dentist appointment for this afternoon.  Are the two events related?

She gave vague "my tummy hurts" symptoms to the school nurse.  Sounds suspicious.

She came home and went right to sleep....which she never does.  She hasn't napped since she was about 3 days old.  Not so suspicious I guess.

But what to do about the dentist appointment?  Can we still go?  And by that I mean, I'm still going to make her go.  Is that wrong?  How sick is too sick for the dentist?  What if she throws up on him?

Shouldn't I just let her sleep?

Why can't there be an instrument you stick in their ear that tells you exactly how sick they are?  Like a thermometer, only way better.

No comments:

Post a Comment